- This home's proximity to the town center and amenities reduces transportation costs.
- Key historical and architectural exterior details were carefully preserved in the renovation.
- The fireplace is bordered by bookshelves.
- Triple-glazed windows and super-insulated walls add to the warmth and quiet serenity of this renovated bath.
- The mudroom is an energy efficient, practical and welcoming transition between outdoors and in.
- Deep window sills show the thickness of the super-insulated walls, which also seal out dust and sound.
- The house produces its own energy. Seen here, monitoring and control equipment in the basement.
- A monitor in the basement shows the homeowners how much CO2 they are saving.
This existing historic home, within walking distance of downtown Northampton, was renovated to become a zero-net energy residence. It produces enough energy to meet all its own needs.